Friday, February 29, 2008

The Difference between a blog and a Wiki

Today I wanted to develop some way to find all my Mac OS tips and tricks. I normally store all my Unix and Mac tips in notes inside of Mail. It seems convenient enough, but not easily searchable and I don't really care for the way the Notes part of Mail actually works.


I began looking for other methods, first with Mind Mapping software, then I started thinking on Wiki terms. I mean, what better way, it's hierarchical like files and folders in a directory tree, it's easy to navigate and search through keywords, it's logically organized as opposed to random stuff hanging all over. So, today, I created my own Wiki. On this Wiki I will post tips and tricks to making Mac OS X your own. Everything from tips to get rid of the 3D dock in Leopard, to underlying Unix tips will be added in a structured environment and it will be available to the internet community at large. I doubt I have any readers of my blog, but my Wiki should prove to be more interesting. If you'd like to contribute or learn some new things about how to make OS X behave the way you want it to, go to tomsmac.wetpaint.com.

Apple Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment