Friday, February 8, 2008

I only want one update to the menubar...

I've said it before, I don't mind, nay, I even like the semi-transparent menubar. Not once have I ever had difficulty reading the menus regardless of what background I'm using. That said, where I really think they need to improve is on what's visible in the menubar. I have a lot of little things running up there, as I add more, they become hidden by the menu of the frontmost application. I think that is horribly annoying. What I'd like to see is the objects in the menubar, particularly text, gets reduced so that everything can fit. Hell, I'd even be good with multiple lines provided it didn't increase the height of the menubar too much. Besides, there appears to be work arounds for most of the problems people find in Leopard, why not this?

[EDIT]
A Macbook Pro has a decent video card installed, such that using an external monitor at a high resolution would cause the menubar to scale down and allow everything to fit. Unfortunately, I don't have a Macbook pro, only the regular Macbook with the lame Intel GPU.

If you agree, please click on the apple feedback link and let apple know.

Apple Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment