Saturday, September 8, 2007

Oh No!

One of the features I used to rank firefox above Sarari is gone! How did this happen? Is it a setting I changed (I haven't messed around with the browsers though)? Now, when I click to maximize the window, it doesn't maximize completely, only to a size that is generally 8/9 of the screen. What gives? Fortunately, they haven't changed the fact that when posting a blog I get to use all the tools instead of only the html version that Safari offers. This still makes Firefox more useful to me. Oh well.

Apple Feedback

1 comment:

  1. Update: I have discovered that both Safari and Firefox are behaving the same way now. If you are viewing a website that is larger than what is shown, then the maximize button will make the window bigger, as large as your screen. But if the window is smaller, the maximize button will actually reduce the size of the window to fit the webpage. It's actually quite smart, only I would have an option in Safari to do this automatically with every webpage I visit, rather than forcing you to click on the button. However, that poses one small problem, what if you don't like your browser maximized ALL the time? So maybe I'd suggest a button on the toolbar or something that sets this instance of Safari to not maximize but instead maintain the window size you've set it to by dragging.

    ReplyDelete