Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Suggested improvement to Address Book

I wrote this to Apple today about improving some features in Address Book. If you agree with me, tell them the same by clicking the Apple Feedback link. (Gee, I hope they don't consider my blog spam as I'm constantly telling people to email Apple)

One thing I don't like about Address Book is the lack of a way to link entries together. For example, there is an option to have a spouse or children. I'd like to be able to select the spouse from my list of contacts. Also, rather than type things twice or more in the case of kids, I'd like to select which items to export or import to the contacts. That is, when I select a spouse for a contact, I want to be able to say, sync home address, home telephone, children, etc. But I still want the contacts separate because they might not live at the same address (mostly for children) and everyone now has a personal cell phone number and email addresses. If possible, I'd also like to extend this to include parents, and siblings. I know, this is beginning to sound like Genealogy software, only it wouldn't include people who are no longer living. For productivity purposes though, we should not have to type the same information twice.


Apple Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment